Monday, November 17, 2008

Wing Tsun Lunch and Learn with Sifu Ralph!

Last Wednesday, I accompanied Sifu Ralph to Telus Headquarters in downtown Vancouver to act as his assistant in a management meeting demonstration.

Here is some feedback from Bill Reny, National Director - Marketing, Partners and Sourcing and the host of the session:

Thank you for your talk and demonstration to my team meeting on Wednesday. I was particularly impressed by how you explained the core principles of Wing Tsun and illustrated how the concepts could be used to improve interpersonal relationships at work or at home.

As I looked around the room, I noticed my team members were very engaged with lots of nods and smiles. I was moved when you talked about how we go through life projecting an aura or presence that can either project confidence and security or unfortunately, attract exploitation - I see this in a business setting all the time and it really struck home.

The hands on drill was a nice touch and a great change of pace for an all day business meeting. After you and Steve left, the team was energized and could not stop talking about how impressive you were and what a good sport Steve was.

I think any business would be lucky to have you conduct a seminar as a team building event. It was truly unique, inspiring and a lot of fun. I hope you will be able to make the time for us again then next time we have a team meeting in Vancouver.

Sincerely,

Bill RenyNational Director - Marketing, Partners and SourcingTELUS Business Solutions

I think by "good sport" he meant that I took Sifu's punches etc with a smile... : )


The Telus Group

Part of the demonstration:

No comments:

Enter The Kettlebell
Start your Hardstyle kettlebell training with ETK!
Power to the People - Russian Strength Secrets
PTTP Puts you on the path to Deadlift Dominance!